I Heart Comic Art:
the local comic art benefit event
It's a raging Capitol Hill party.
It's a comic art show. It's a comic art celebration & competition.
Below are the featured artists from the 2015 event.
Congratulations to all our 2015 I Heart Comic Art artists!
Thank you to all our sponsors, donors, artists, attendees & supporters.
We couldn't have done it without you!
Event photos are posted to the Ladykiller Facebook page.
Once again, your participation, generosity, votes, dance moves, donations, auction winnings and cocktailing yielded over $7000 in cash and prizes that were awarded to Seattle indie comic artists.
2015 Winners & Nominees
Grand Prize Winner Noel Franklin: $4000 artist grant supplemented by Loot Crate, a 3-month Loot Crate subscription ($70 value), an Espionage Cosmetics nail wrap commission & a portfolio review from Oni Press
2) Curt Waller: 156 set of Prismacolor markers ($880 value) from Dick Blick's, recycled art supply pouch from Alchemy Goods + $200 artist grant
3) Gabe Hayward: LED Light Pad ($159 value), Copic Multiliner Pen Set ($30 value), erasing shield & lettering guide all from Dick Blicks, recycled art supplies bags from Alchemy Goods ($52 value), + $200 artist grant
4) Chad Shepherd: Futura Draft desk from Dick Blick's
6) Lynn Rosskamp: $150 Zip Car gift certificate
7/8) Jonathan Mirenda & Matt Knannlein: Plantronics Rig headset ($99 value)
9/10/11) Sarah Romano Diehl, Adrian Bardue, Lucille Wisp: $30 Curb gift certificate
Mike McGhee, Nico Lisa, Tom Hanrahan, Kara Queen, Ben Horak Eroyn Franklin, Joshua Boulet, John Behr, Marc Palm & Ben Hopper
5) Ian King: $150 grant from Espionage Cosmetics
7/8) Jonathan Mirenda & Matt Knannlein: Plantronics Rig headset
2014 Winners & Nominees
Grand Prize Winner: Robert Tritthardt - received a $4000 artist grant supplemented by Eventbrite
Runner up: Katie Wheeler - received a Wacom Intuos Pro tablet & a $250 artist grant
2nd Runner up: Corey Lewis - received a 200 set of Prismacolor markers from Dick Blick Art Materials & a $250 artist grant
3rd Runner up: Dimi Macheras - received a 56 set of Copic Markers from Dick Blick's & $250 artist grant
4th Runner up: Benjamin Marchant - received a Studio Designs Europe drafting desk from Dick Blick's & a $250 artist grant